Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I promise I'm still alive!!



 Swimming is finally over. I now remember what it feels like to come home after school instead of facing 3 more tired, wet hours of hard work and sore muscles.

  Everyday I get to spend with Ruben feels like more and more confirmation towards wanting to work with children in my future. Hes a cutie!!

 


   Andrea and Ben are off to Africa. Their wedding was one of the best I've ever attended even though I cried through most of it.  I never truly realized how important my family is to me and how much they've influenced who I am until they started moving away and getting married...not the best time to realize it. I couldn't be more thankful for a big sister like Andrea to lead our pack of crazies that I'm blessed to call my siblings. I'm so so excited for them but I miss them and want them to stay with me forever at the same time.


  I just realized that I never actually said anything about Malibu. It seems like such a long time ago...and it was. Malibu was one of the best experiences. So much love felt with the group of people I was with and the leaders who prayed for us and lead us and sang with us and played games with us. There was so much to do there including hiking, water skiing, swimming, tubing, there was a ropes course, everything you can think of basically. I'm really happy Isaac and I could go together also because that was a great thing to be able to share with a sibling and then always have someone there to reminisce with after you get back. God was --and is-- very present there and it was a huge blessing to be able to see all the people who accepted Jesus after that week was over. You never truly realize how much the things you do and the words you say effect people until you get to see the outcome of it in other people accepting christ for the first time.


Our Sehome group

School this year has been easier to get into a routine of classes, homework and time. Notice  I didn't say time management....? :)

  Swimming wears me out more than I think any sport should, but thats the price to pay to stay in shape and swim at state, right? 

  God continues to bless me with fantastic friends. And he blesses me by just helping me to wake up in the morning, really. Its a good thing Gods faithfulness doesn't depend on our faithfulness (Romans 3:3).  And its a good thing he believes in me. Sometimes thats the hardest thing. Faithfulness and belief. So I'm blessed to serve a God who has an overwhelming amount of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment