Sunday, November 4, 2012

Districts!

Friday, the team left early from school to go to district prelims!

 It was really fun and pretty intense because of the pressure to make it to finals on Saturday.

I swam the 50 Freestyle and the 100 Breaststroke.

In the freestyle, I finished seated 13th (only the top 12 go to finals), but I didn't mind because I don't really like that even that much.

But in the breaststroke, I finished seated 6th! So on Saturday, that was my only race.

It was crazy because since I was in the top 6, we got to walk out all intense with our warm-ups on the music and get our names announced and stuff.

It was mostly weird for me because I remember watching my siblings do that...so now that I'm doing it, it feels weird..

But anyway, that was a good swim and I felt good about it. I took off 4 seconds (adding from Friday too) and ended up finishing 5th overall! :)

 It was so much fun.

Day 1 pictures -- prelims

The swimmer giraffe

Hannah and I

Waiting to start




Day 1 pictures -- Finals

Before our walk-in


Afterwards

5th place!

District champions
 And now, on to State! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment